The plank: tips and tricks
This is common exercise for core and abdominal training. It’s versatile and can be modified for beginners to advanced exercisers.
Here are a few tips to ensure that you are using the proper for, and getting the most out of your plank!
- Keep body in alignment ie you should be able to draw a straight line from your ear to shoulder to hip to knee to ankle.
- Don’t drop head, keep head up chin tucked
- Think about drawing navel to spine, don’t let hips sag
- Ensure that weight is forward over hands or elbows
- ‘Get a good grip on the earth’ spread fingers apart, strong wrists and push up out of shoulders a little bit, be mindful though no to round through upperback.
- Don’t hold your breath, always maintain breathing during exercise.
- Always consult your medical practitioner before embarking on an exercise program.
Watch the video below to see Lil in action.