Autumn skin care tips from our friend Alison at NATURAL BEAUTY BY Alison
As the days grow shorter, the temperature drops and the air becomes drier, your skin may lose precious moisture. Autumn is a time of transition and adjusting your skin care routine will help correct any damage that has occurred during the summer months. Now is the perfect time to prepare your skin for Winter and indulge in some pampering and there is no better way to achieve both than by having a facial!
We all know how important exercise is and the benefits that it affords to your body and mind but did you know that a facial is exercise for your skin? The benefits are endless and it only takes an hour to start looking and feeling great.
Sun, chlorine, and saltwater may have taken a toll on your skin throughout the Summer, so Autumn is a time to restore, rejuvenate and revitalize.
Here are my hints to help enhance your health and beauty and give you a new season glow:
- Eye booster beauty tips for any time: Soak green or chamomile tea bags in warm water. Wring them out, lie on your back and place them over your eyes for 10 minutes. The soothing herbal qualities will calm the skin and reduce puffiness.
- Reduce puffiness and retain moisture: Vitamin C is a diuretic which helps to remove excess water from your body as well as aid collagen formation. Anti-oxidants such as Vitamin C and E are great for protecting you from losing moisture and will aid in slowing down aging.
- Clean or over-clean: Ditch the soap! Soaps are high in alkaline and upset the natural pH balance of your skin. Scrubs and soaps might feel wonderful after a day at the beach, but they leave your skin dry. When Autumn arrives, switch to a soap-free hydrating cleanser.
- Smooth and Brighten: Exfoliate with an oil-based scrub. The Summer sun and chlorine may have left your skin feeling dry and flaky. Start the new season off with a deep cleansing facial that removes all dead skin cells and instantly brightens dull skin. A clay based mask treatment will also improve skin-tone and re-hydrate for a new glowing look.
- Change from lotion to cream: To keep your Summer glow well in Autumn and Winter your skin needs a thicker moisturizer. Creams provide a stronger oily barrier, which means they both reduce water loss from the outer layer of skin, make up will stay longer and your face will look younger instantly.
Get in touch with Alison today to see how she can help you look and feel your best!
NATURAL BEAUTY BY Alison suite 2-46 Tennyson Rd, Mortlake PH: 0414 518 941